The Best Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Ever

This article will continue with my series of New Orleans recipes.

Growing up in New Orleans was a lot of fun and we were blessed with a family of wonderful cooks. I have continued to publish some of these great recipes that I enjoyed while growing up in New Orleans. The legacy of cooking continues and has been carried on by my sisters and brothers as well as myself.

Strawberry

My mother and grandmother cooked all the time including desserts. There was always a good dessert around the house because like all good cooks they liked to see people eating their creations. My grandmother lived right around the corner from our house in New Orleans, so if mother wasn't cooking then Mata (grandmother) was. Of course most times both were cooking so you could eat both places and get your fill.

The Best Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Ever

My father was a little selective in the variety of things that he ate. My father loves desserts and I have a cousin who spent a lot of time at my house and my father and mother were her favorite aunt and uncle. Eunette was also a good cook and always made things that my father would like to eat.

She made her famous strawberry shortcake which my father loved and that was a great compliment if Uncle Edgar likes it. So the name was born for her strawberry shortcake which I am going to give you today. I have added her strawberry shortcake recipe for your enjoyment.

Strawberry Mixture

2 pt. strawberries, hulled and sliced

1/2 c. granulated sugar

1/2 tsp, vanilla

For the biscuit:

2 c, all-purpose flour

1 Tbsp. double acting baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

3 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar

1 stick (1/2 c.) cold unsalted butter, cut into bits

2/3 c. plus 1 Tbsp, milk

2 tsp. granulated sugar

For the topping:

1 c. heavy cream, we!! chilled

2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar

3 Tbsp, sour cream Making biscuits: Into a bow!, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add brown sugar and butter. Blend until it resembles coarse meal.

Add milk and stir until it forms a dough. Drop the dough in 8 mounds on a buttered baking sheet, letting the mounds touch to form a ring. Sprinkle it with granulated sugar and bake the biscuit in a 4250 oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Carefully transfer the biscuit to a rack and cool. Cut the top one-

quarter off the entire biscuit ring with a serrated knife. Transfer the bottom to a platter and spoon the macerated strawberries and the liquid over it. In a bowl. beat the cream with the confectioners sugar until it just holds a soft peak. Beat in the sour cream and beat the mixture until it is stiff. (It is best to use a chilled bowl). Top the macerated strawberries with the cream mixture and the remain­ing 1/4 of the strawberries and cover the mixture with the biscuit top.

Serves 8. Enjoy!

The Best Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Ever

I am a Board Certified Ophthalmologist who has been in practice for 30 years. You are welcome to visit my website. If you have any problems finding what you are looking for, please use my Site Search.

http://www.eyedoctornewsletter.com/page53.html